Justin Damron, DDS
Meet Dr. Damron
Dr. Justin Damron. grew up just outside of Indianapolis, Indiana. He attended Indiana University in Bloomington, graduating with High Distinction in 2005 with a Bachelor’s in chemistry, and a minor in mathematics. He went on to Indiana University School of Dentistry graduating in 2009. While in dental school he received several awards including the senior student award given by the American Society of Dental Anesthesiology.
Following dental school Dr. Damron went on to train at The Ohio State University oral and maxillofacial surgery residency program in Columbus, Ohio. While in residency he spent time between The Ohio State University Medical Center and Nationwide Children’s Hospital, as well as 2 months at St. James’s Hospital in Dublin, Ireland. His residency provided him with a strong background in dentoalveolar and implant surgery, orthognathic surgery, maxillofacial trauma, bone grafting, management of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders, pathologic diagnosis and treatment, and anesthesia.
After residency Dr. Damron and his family moved to Savannah to join Southeastern Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Associates. He and his wife Dr. Emily Damron have four busy children. They enjoy running, hiking, and time on the water with their family and friends. Dr. Damron is glad to be part of the Savannah community and looks forward to meeting you soon.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2015
- Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Emergency Department and Trauma Call at Memorial University Medical Center and staff appointments at St. Joseph’s and Candler Hospitals
- Fellow of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Member of Georgia Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of Southeastern Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of the American Dental Association, Georgia Dental Association, and the Southeastern District Dental Society
- Past Delegate and Board of Trustees Member of the Georgia Dental Association
- Past President, Vice President, and Treasurer of the Southeastern District Dental Society
- Member of the Savannah Dental Society
- Bachelor’s in chemistry, Indiana University 2005
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, Indiana University School of Dentistry 2009
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency, The Ohio State University 2013
- Private Practice in Savannah, Georgia, 2013-present